Last week, I wrote about using search engine results to collect links to import into Webliographer. I used three search engine features: standard search, standard search with duplicates included, and site-specific search. Each of these features had pros and cons: Standard search returned results from more domains, but with fewer results per domain. Standard search with duplicates included reduced the number of domains, but returned more results from some domains. And site-specific search returned many results from a single domain, but not all of the results from that domain. All three techniques enforced a seemingly arbitrary limit of several hundred results. This week, I’m going to use a different technique for getting results from a single site.
Archives for January 2018
The purpose of Webliographer is to collect and manage web references (URLs). A good way to get a baseline set of references on a topic is to import the results of a web search. But if you use a search engine this way, you’ll find some quirks that don’t appear when you’re searching interactively.